Ballet San Antonio (BSA) offers exciting employment opportunities for experienced professionals in the performing arts industry – from entry level positions in the administrative office to dancers, designers and teaching artists.
We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
If you would like to audition, please submit the requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audition materials cannot be returned. Following the submission of your materials and this online form, an Employment Application will be sent to you as a requirement for further review.
Submission deadline: January 31, 2021
Both virtual and in-person auditions are by invitation only.
In-Person: March 19 – 20, 2021
Virtual: If you are invited, you will be sent with further instructions for the virtual option.
- Must be 18 or older
- Resume or CV
- 3-5 minute video | Performance footage (one classical and one contemporary) or center work only
- Send via email with link to You Tube or Vimeo
- If available, send an excerpt of a recent performance filmed within the last 3 months. If this is not a solo work, be sure to clearly indicate which one of the dancers is you. If older performance clips are included, please note the month and year.
- Two – three full-body dance photos and a headshot
Employment Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: San Antonio, TX
Ballet Instructors are responsible for leading ballet classes for individuals and/or groups of students. Duties are related to teaching the SBSA curriculum, promoting positive learning environment, and engaging students to pursue their goals. SBSA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the overall welfare of all students.
- A proven track record in teaching ballet to the highest standards
- Proactive and flexible approach to work with a willingness to be involved in all areas of dance initiatives
- Understanding of the drivers of success
- Strong group management skills
- Has youthful vitality combined with maturity of judgement
- Possesses a commitment to dance education
- Ability to motivate students to perform and achieve superior results
- Is patient and reliable
- Ability to execute effective learning and development techniques to students
- Ability to manage priorities and support a busy workload
- Effective planning and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Past professional performing career in ballet preferred
- Certifications in CPR and First Aid preferred
- Teaching certification preferred
Ballet San Antonio is an equal opportunity employer and hires and employs individuals without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Please submit your resume (.pdf) and cover letter to Crystal Ramos-Cantu at email@example.com. Submissions must be received electronically with an email subject line of: Application for Ballet Instructor.
Submissions will be accepted until position is filled. No phone calls please.